Not a good day for modern technology. The Internet here at Jupiter crashed and was out for most of the day. I’ve been blogging like a maniac for the last half hour to get back on track.
I’ve put things in my blog that I want to appear regularly, like the Stat and Quote of the Day, so I needed to get those in. Now, let’s wrap up the day before this thing goes down again.
Tomorrow will be better … it has to.
So, to wrap things up:
- Chan Ho Park was scratched because his visa was not approved. He still managed to work two-plus innings and striking out four in a minor league game.
- Aaron Sele started vs. Cardinals and gave up a run on three hits in two innings. His objective today was getting command of his fastball and he said it could have been better.
- Pedro Martinez was given clearance to soft-toss. That’s encouraging news.
- GM Omar Minaya said the team will be conservative with Duaner Sanchez. Read that to mean he will not be ready by Opening Day.
- Maybe we’ll see Jose Valentin (ankle) and Lastings Milledge (hand) tomorrow against the Dodgers. I wouldn’t be surprised if each got an extra day.
- Mike Pelfrey goes tomorrow against LA.
Have a great weekend all. I’ll be posting throughout the weekend, so drop in and leave a comment.