Mets are done for the day. Weather much better and they got all their work done. Time to clear out the notebook:
- Jose Reyes is seven pounds heavier after hitting the weights in the offseason. He’s stronger but said he won’t change his game. “No, no, that’s not for me,’’ was his response to a question asked jokingly about the All-Star Game Home Run Derby.
- Reliever Juan Padilla’s rehab after Tommy John surgery is going well, but he has a qualifier. “You never know until you get out there and face somebody,’’ he said.
- Reliever Steve Schmoll cleared waivers and was assigned to Class AAA New Orleans.
- The Mets are on the list for many national writers. Three were in today to talk with Tom Glavine.
- All position players must report tomorrow for physicals.