Good morning …
First day all week for me that I’ve been able to stand upright and move around. Threw back out over the weekend and have been munching on muscle relaxers and pain killers since. Feeling better, but not about to left weights today.
Mets say Omar Minaya might grace us with a conference call today to give us an update on what’s going on. The issues:
* Tom Glavine’s deal: Leaning toward Mets, but team said it’s not imminent. (Of course, that’s right now. Things could change in a half-hour).
* How does Guillermo Mota’s suspension impact the construction of the bullpen?
* Their interest level in the Japanese pitcher.
* Willie Randolph’s contract, with negotiations haven’t started, yet.
* Jose Valentin at second.
* Have they contacted any of the free agent pitchers already filed (Zito, Weaver, Schmidt, Suppan)?
Will keep you posted as a I learn more.