The following Mets are eligible to become free agents. Who should they try to keep and who should they let go?
* RH Chad Bradford: Key bullpen piece the team will try to retain.
* C Mike DiFelice: Serviceable reserve catcher, but no urgency here to keep.
* LF Cliff Floyd: Underwent surgery on ankle, so don’t expect anything until after four-month rehab period.
* LH Tom Glavine: Team said it will attempt to re-sign. Competition would be Atlanta.
* RH Roberto Hernandez: Faded in favor of Guillermo Mota. No urgency to retain.
* RH Orlando Hernandez: Mets would like to re-sign.
* OF Rickey Ledee: Bit player; no urgency.
* RH Jose Lima: Good-bye.
* RH Guillermo Mota: Would like to re-sign.
* LH Darren Oliver: Had solid year, but at 36 Mets could figure they got what they could and let him go.
* RH Steve Trachsel: Will likely not re-sign.
* OF Michael Tucker: Role player can be filled at any time.
* 2B Jose Valentin: Would like to keep, but asking price might be high both in years and dollars.