- Tom Glavine: Will play one more year, with either the Mets or Atlanta. His family would like him to stay at home, which means the Braves. The Mets are willing to pick up his option, but he’s not accepting until he talks at home. A big factor in all this is how good he believes the Braves will be next year, as he wants to be in the playoffs his final season.
- Steve Trachsel: Said he wants to come back, but wasn’t convincing. He wasn’t in the Mets plans last week, so it’s doubtful he’ll be in them next year.
- Cliff Floyd: Will undergo surgery next week and the recovery time is four months. That’s February. He’s not going to get any offers until then.
- GM Omar Minaya said he would be happy with Endy Chavez playing left field, but wouldn’t say the job is his. The Mets will be looking.
- Carlos Delgado: Because he was acquired during the span of a free-agent contract, he can demand to be traded. He likes it here and will be seeking a contract extension.
Oct. 20: Issues, issues, issues
Comments are closed