A lot going on this afternoon.
- We got Shawn Green on a conference call and he’ll be here tomorrow. He sung the praises about playing in NYC. His power is down and I found it interesting for him to say he’s just trying to hit line drives and not worry about the long ball. Fact is, guys will say homers are a product of everything coming together. The Mets don’t need him to hit homers. If he’s consistent he should get a lot of RBI opportunities because the power guys are on base a lot.
- Brian Bannister is in town for a side session. He could be activated this weekend.
- Jose Valentin is a no-go again tonight. He said if a right hander were pitching he might give it a try.
- Pedro Martinez figures to wear the supportive boot into next week, but hopes to take it off and throw in the next day or so. That’s catch, not off the mound.
- Tom Glavine hopes to throw in the bullpen Saturday and pitch next week.
- Julio Franco turned 48 today.
And now, drumroll please, tonight’s lineup for the Mets:
SS Jose Reyes
C Paul Lo Duca
CF Carlos Beltran
1B Carlos Delgado
3B David Wright
2B Chris Woodward
RF Lastings Milledge
LF Endy Chavez
RHP Steve Trachsel
That’s it for now. Need to head to the field to track down a few more notes. Talk with you later, and as always, if you see something during the game, feel free to chime in.