Here’s what I’m thinking are the most important issues facing the Mets in the second half.
1. Having a healthy Pedro Martinez.
2. If not, knowing early enough to where they can swing a deal and not get robbed.
3. Keep it up Tom Glavine.
4. An arm to fill the back end of the rotation and innings from Orlando Hernandez.
5. Omar Minaya is looking for another bullpen arm. Getting Aaron Heilman fixed would help.
6. Getting healthy: Carlos Delgado’s ribs; Jose Reyes’ finger; and Paul Lo Duca’s thumb.
7. Not taking anything for granted.
I’ve got a piece on Pedro in tomorrow’s Journal News and on lohud.com