* There’s a few of you out there not enamored with Steve Trachsel, who does tend to make you sweat a bit. But, he’s won five starts in a row. Considering Pedro Martinez has won only two of his last 11 games, and Orlando Hernandez and Alay Soler are each winless in three straight starts, Trachsel has kept the Mets from a tailspin.
* The All-Star teams will be announced tomorrow, and the Mets will get David Wright, Jose Reyes, Carlos Beltran and Paul Lo Duca. They could also get starter Tom Glavine. Wright, Reyes and Beltran figure to be around when the new place opens in 2009, and three all-stars is a nice core to have.
* I pegged the Yankees to win two of three when the series started, but would like to back off that. Jaret Wright doesn’t strike fear into any lineup, and after today I believe the Mets have a jolt of confidence.
* Carlos Delgado could play tomorrow, but the Mets’ big lead affords them the luxury of resting players. I wouldn’t be surprised if he sits another day. Also, with one more game to use the DH, it wouldn’t be surprising to go with Lo Duca in that spot one more time. His bruised left thumb hurts to catch, but hasn’t hampered his swing.
* Trachsel has tightness in his right groin and closer Billy Wagner twisted his right ankle covering first on the last play of the game. Both said they are all right and don’t expect to miss any time.